Handling of Personal Information
CRIFM Prenatal Medical Clinic (hereafter referred to as "the Institute") will comply with the internal rules that stipulate the appropriate collection, use, and provision of personal information in consideration of the content and scale of its business.
We will take preventive measures against unauthorized access to personal information, as well as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information, and will take prompt corrective measures in the event of such an incident.
We will comply with laws, regulations, and other standards related to personal information. We will continuously improve our personal information management system.
Purpose of Use
The hospital will specify the purpose of use as much as possible and use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use, except in cases where the consent of the person in question has been obtained in advance or where the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations permit exceptions to be made.
（1）Purpose of use within this hospital
- To provide a prenatal diagnosis to patients
- For accounting and accounting related to prenatal diagnosis provided to patients, reporting of medical accidents, etc., and improvement of prenatal diagnosis
- To provide genetic counseling, etc.
- To perform other administrative tasks related to patients and to ensure safety
- To be used for information from the hospital, web content, etc.
（2）Purposes of use when information is provided to outside parties
- To collaborate with other medical institutions (including clinics, midwifery centers, and pharmacies)
- To respond to inquiries from other medical institutions and to share information
- To seek the opinions and advice of outside physicians, etc., when treating patients
- To outsource laboratory testing and other business operations
- To consult with or report to professional medical organizations or insurance companies, etc., regarding medical liability insurance, etc.
（3）Purposes of use in medical and academic research
- To conduct case studies for the purpose of medical research and academic research
- To utilize and provide information for medical and academic research
Personal information that can be used to identify the patient will be deleted from the information used. Personal information that can identify patients will be deleted from the information used. Research results may be presented at conferences or in academic journals, but even then, patients' personal information will not be disclosed.
*Clinical research is an academic activity that is essential for the advancement of medicine, but patients have the right to refuse the use of their own medical information if they do not wish it to be used. If you do not wish your medical information to be used, please contact us. We will exclude you from the research. If you refuse to cooperate in the research, you will not suffer any disadvantage in your medical treatment.
（4）Other purposes of use
- To maintain and improve prenatal diagnosis and operations
- To train doctors, nurses, and laboratory technicians
- To cooperate with medical students in their medical training
- To provide information to external auditing organizations
- To respond to document inquiries from investigative agencies, etc. based on laws and regulations
In the event that it becomes necessary to use personal information for purposes other than those stated above, the consent of the individual concerned shall be obtained for such use, except in cases where the consent of the individual concerned has been obtained in advance, or where the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" or other laws and regulations permit the handling of such information as an exception.
*In addition, the hospital may outsource part of its operations to a subcontractor and entrust the subcontractor with personal information to the extent necessary. In such cases, the hospital will manage the information appropriately in accordance with the laws and regulations and the standards established by the hospital.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The hospital will not provide or disclose collected personal information to any third party except in the following cases.
- The hospital will not provide or disclose collected personal information to any third party except in the following cases.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, it is difficult to obtain the individual's consent.
- When disclosure or provision of information is required by other laws and regulations.
Disclosure, Modification, and Termination of Use of Registered Information
We will disclose your personal information to you upon your request as long as it does not interfere with the proper execution of our business. In such a case, the person's identity will be verified by a method prescribed by the hospital.
If there are any discrepancies in the personal information disclosed to the person, the hospital will immediately correct them. In addition, if the person in question requests that we stop using their personal information, we will immediately stop using it.
Security of the Website
Although we take great care in managing personal information, due to the nature of the Internet and e-mail, we cannot guarantee the complete confidentiality of personal information. Please be aware of this when using the website and e-mail.
Handling of personal information for each product and service
In some cases, our website, e-mails, and other information related to our products and services may specify the purpose of use, provision to third parties, security, contact information, and other aspects of handling personal information for each product or service. In such cases, if there are any special provisions or provisions that differ from those in "Handling of Personal Information," the matters regarding the handling of personal information stipulated for each product or service shall take precedence.
The "Handling of Personal Information" is subject to change without prior notice due to amendments to related laws and regulations or changes in the hospital's policies.
For inquiries regarding the "Handling of Personal Information," please contact
- CRIFM Prenatal Medical Clinic
- Phone: 06-6775-8111